Re: TB: Historic ID

From: HIPSource@aol.com

In a message dated 4/15/99 8:39:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
wmoores@watervalley.net writes:

<< If this cannot be IDed by a picture, I will ask Phil if he would like to
grow and perhaps identify it.  Thanks for the suggestion.  This mystery iris
is really a beauty. >>

One of the big benefits of HIPS membership is the services of the HIPS ID
Chairman, Walta, and he's The Man on issues like this. We defer to him for
good reason.

Someone may be able to give you a good lead based on personal experience of
this iris from a photo and your description, and I suppose we could all have
some fun stringing out names based on our interpretations of literature of
varying degrees of dependability, but if you care about the thing being
accurately identified, and there is no rush, you really should consider
sending it to the expert.

Anner Whitehead

Has ONElist changed your life?
Visit our homepage and share with us your experiences at ONElist of the Week!