Re: MED: MTB - Blue Chip Stock

From: "S&C Rust" <srust@fidnet.com>

Dorothy, as I understand it, if both parents are tets, then the resulting
progeny are considered to be tets.  However, as I understand it, not all
bearded tets are the same.  SDBs have different numbers of chromosomes than
TBs, the way it was explained to me.  It was further explained that for a
cultivar to be fully fertile, each chromosome must match up with another; no
chromosomes (or whatever the sex cells are called that pair up with each
other) left over without a mate or reduced or nil fertility.  I therefore
wonder about a tetraploid MTB that is from SDB, IB, and TB breeding.

Cindy Rust, Missouri...where we do have seed set on ANDROMACHE!

Have you visited the new ONElist home page lately?
http://www.ONElist.com
ONElist: The Leading e-mail list and community service on the Internet!