Re: HYB: Tetraploids

From: "S&C Rust" <srust@fidnet.com>

Sharon, I am printing your letter about the different types of tetraploids.
It seems to boil down to this:  we are correct to have our reservations
about BLUE CHIP STOCK being a 48 chromosome tetraploid, but we are going to
have to experiment to find out.  So, that is what we will do.  It may not be
totally hopeless.  We got good seed set on the MTB STEFFIE, when crossing it
with I. "THISBE" (a known tetraploid) and STEFFIE is from mixed chromosome
breeding.  I doubt if any of the seedlings will bloom this first year, but
they are making good growth.

Cindy Rust

Looking for the perfect gift for a friend?
Tell them about ONElist's 115,000 free e-mail communities!