Re: tetraploid

From: Mike Lowe <mlowe@worldiris.com>

Cindy Rust writes...

>For that matter, perhaps is also not a 48 chromosome tet... it is >from
>IB, SDB breeding?  We do have some seedlings from LADY EMMA here this

LADY EMMA is out of a conventional cross IB (48 chr. tall X I. pumila
Schecht) crossed with pollen from a 48 chr. Border Bearded from entirely 48
chr. stock. Check List typos have clouded the L.E. picture as has her
tendency (sometimes) to bloom more as an IB rather than an MTB.

The LADY EMMA/AUTUMN ORANGELITE saga has been discussed extensively in
'Reblooming Iris Recorders' of the late 80s, early 90s.

Are you hogging all the fun?
Friends tell friends about ONElist!