SPEC: bloom report etc

From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>

In spite of clouds of pollen, I had to go check on the hillside of
pinkster flower (Azalea nudiflorum) before it (maybe) gets frozen and
along the way, saw the first lovely little blooms of I. cristata open.
Along and in every trail and roadbed on the lower slopes, they will make
more blooms if these get nipped.

I. reichenbachii opened today too!  A LOVELY little slightly greenish
yellow bloom with tiny dark dotted eyelashes on the falls.  Thank you
Ian!  Is this the pretty one or the other one?  Your 'exchange' I. verna
aren't showing signs of buds yet but I may take them indoors for the
next few nights, just in case.

Walter - so where do I find one of these I. balkana plants to torment?

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA
not brave enough to go check on the weather forecast - so many buds on
things I rarely see bloom & it sounds like this may be another year I
don't see them.  At least I got to enjoy the really early ones - Sharon
has the right idea - grow 'em all & something will bloom every year in
spite of the weather.

PS - all the petals from those Texas and Baja irises must have gotten
shredded into pollen grains.

Looking for the perfect gift for a friend?
Tell them about ONElist's 115,000 free e-mail communities!