Bloom report:

From: Tmilchh@aol.com

Dear Mark,
      Yesterday I had a new Iris, (It was named "Footprints") bloom.Today we
had high winds, so I decided to pick it. It is probably an SDB. It is
chocolate brown with lighter standards, bright yellow beards, darker gold
style arms tipped chocolate, but the most striking thing about this iris is
that it smells just like chocolate.
     The only problem is that Footprints is supposed to be violet with a
black spot on the falls; so this is not Footprints.  I got these small
bearded irises from Judy Echart (spelling ?) from Iris-talk , so I need to
contact her, maybe she can identify it.  It is a good increaser as there are
many small rhizomes in the clump.
     This is my first iris to bloom, that I saw. I looked in the back bed of
TB and found a spent bloom of an SDB that I missed seeing.
     Last week I visited the garden of Hugh & Mary Thurman. Thay had  quite a
few medians in bloom.
     Annette Milch      Lexington, KY    Zone 5/6    TMilchh@aol.com

  Jansport Daytripper the perfect pack for short spring and summer
excursions*Key clip keeps keys handy*Front organizer pocket*Weighs1lb*
    Capacity 2200 cu in! Members Pay $34.00*Free Shipping in US
            http://www.onelist.com/ad/shoptheglobe1