OT: Sydney storms

Dear Paul and others,

Thanks for your concern re the terrible storms in Sydney last Wednesday night.

I am pleased to report that neither our garden (at Dural) or our home (at Turramurra on the north side) were effected in any way.  However, I am sorry that Yvonne's car was battered around.  It must have been a very frightening experience indeed.

We were actually on our way to the Southern Highlands on Wednesday afternoon and drove through the storm while it was still in the "brewing" stage.  Not a pleasant experience on the freeway - I can tell you!

I too am happy to report that one of our La. seedlings had produced a delightful spike this weekend.  It is from HALO DOLLY x LOST FOR WORDS and is yellow (of course!).  We are leaving it on the plant for a few more days so that we can better appreciate it.  Otherwise we have been frantic with orders to fill, seedlings to plant and weeds to remove.

Cheers for now,
Heather Pryor
Sydney, Australia