Re: tetraploid

From: "S&C Rust" <srust@fidnet.com>

Vicki, I do know that KEIRITH and MERIT are not tetraploids (at least, I
assume they are diploids), I simply wanted you to know that they were listed
as REBLOOMERS.  I don't know how you got all of these small classes to 48
chromosomes, but I sure am glad that you did!  Anyway, Stephanie works in
both tetraploid and diploid; and rebloom in MTBs is a major goal on her way
to the reblooming MTB with aril traits.  It is just as hard (or harder) to
find true reblooming MTBs as it is to find tetraploid MTBs.  You know, there
are a lot of people on this list that I would love to see write books.  You
are one too!  How about it, all of you experts on this list?  Wouldn't it be
great?  There are several good books (Bill Shear!) on iris in general.  How
about some books on one or a few classes in particular?  It would be great
for someone just learning about those classes and perhaps wishing to
hybridize in them.  History could be included, some nice photography and
your wealth of knowledge that could sure be put to excellent use!

Cindy Rust, Missouri

  Jansport Daytripper the perfect pack for short spring and summer
excursions*Key clip keeps keys handy*Front organizer pocket*Weighs1lb*
    Capacity 2200 cu in! Members Pay $34.00*Free Shipping in US
            http://www.onelist.com/ad/shoptheglobe1