MED: First bloom!!

From: "Sterling Okase" <sterling_o@hotmail.com>

Hi all,

I FINALLY have iris bloom!!! I have been checking for stalks for WEEKS
now and have not seen a one. Well, to my surprise, I spied something
yellow in my garden that DIDN'T look like a dandelion. It was
something I haven't seen bloom before, it was LITTLE MELLA. It is an
MDB dressed in soft, pale yellow with a hint of a brown spot on the
falls. Beards are pure white. It looked rather historic (much like BEE
WINGS) but was introduced through Miller's Manor Gardens in 1981. I
guess it's the I. mellita parentage on both sides that make it look
that way. It is very cute and I am VERY, VERY relieved that I finally
have bloom coming.

Iris Maniac,
Sterling (not Innerst)
Seattle, WA. Zone 8
AIS, KCIS, HIPS and MIS
And Friday Night Chat-o-phile
sterling_o@hotmail.com

Have you visited the new ONElist home page lately?
http://www.ONElist.com
ONElist: The Leading e-mail list and community service on the Internet!