Re: HIST: Color coding

From: HIPSource@aol.com

In a message dated 4/17/99 3:42:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mlowe@worldiris.com writes:

<<  I have been pushing a couple hundred slides around on a light table for
the
 past month, trying to achieve a consistent and coherent 'ILLUSTRATED  GUIDE
 TO THE 39/49 COLOR TABLES.'..... I believe that half the iris in the 39 and
49 C.L.s were coded using the 'dart method' for assigning color designations.

I've been working on an analysis of the 1939 Checklist Color Chart for
several months now with an eye toward writing a detailed article for ROOTS.

There were some patent errors of category assignment, and some apparent
errors, and a few comprehensible but unenlightened choices, but there are
clear patterns emerging as I work and if these patterns hold for the duration
of the analysis, I hope to be able to shead some useful light on the color
chart as well.

Anner Whitehead
HIPSource@aol.com

Looking to expand your world?
http://www.ONElist.com
ONElist has over 115,000 e-mail communities from which to chose!