REF: Hybridizing Book (Was HYB: Aneuploids)

From: Sharon McAllister <73372.1745@compuserve.com>

Message text written by Cindy Rust:

Sharon, thank you for defining aneuploid for me.  Would you please write a
book?  I am sure that many on this list would buy it instantly and
thankfully!  Please include lots of photos.
<

I have.  It was the natural way to organize my hybridizing program, as I
was earning my living as a project manager/techical writer & editor at the
time.  Unfortunately, the response from publishing houses was a uniform:
not interested.  Too technical.  Not a large enough market.

To make a very long story as short as possible, this is what's going up on
my web site, along with hybridizing records that even I realize are much
too detailed to interest most people -- but it's a cost-effective way of
making the information available to those who are interested and thereby
preserving it.

And the web site can support lots of photos.  Monitor resolution demands
far less in terms of quality that the print media, so it's feasible to post
a picture that isn't good enough to print, and any time I find a better
picture it's easy to replace the old one.  Not exactly a practical
procedure for books, eh?

So check out my site from time to time.  I'm guessing that I've uploaded
less than 10% of the completed material -- far too little to register, but
enough to give you the chance to watch the development of a site.

Sharon McAllister
73372.1745@compuserve.com
http://www.geocities.com/~smcallister

  Jansport Daytripper the perfect pack for short spring and summer
excursions*Key clip keeps keys handy*Front organizer pocket*Weighs1lb*
    Capacity 2200 cu in! Members Pay $34.00*Free Shipping in US
            http://www.onelist.com/ad/shoptheglobe1