Re: TB: spot pattern (was Peach Spot)

  • To: iris-talk@onelist.com
  • Subject: Re: TB: spot pattern (was Peach Spot)
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 06:53:38 -0700

From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>

Dorothy Willott wrote:
> DWiris@aol.com writes:
>
> <<
>  PEACH SPOT (G. Shoop 73)  TB 36 in.  Sdlg. 68-30-1: (Snow Peach X sib)
>
>  SNOW PEACH (G. Shoop 71)  TB 36 in.  Sdlg. 66-20-2: (Latin Lover X
> 64-16:
>  (Wine and Roses x (Whole Cloth x pink amoena sdlg.)))
>
>  LATIN LOVER (G. Shoop 69) TB 36 in.  Sdlg. 64-16: ((Inv. pink amoena
> sdlgs.
>  Whole Cloth) X Wine and Roses)
>
>  WINE AND ROSES (D. Hall 63)  TB 35 in.  From two sdlgs.

Am I right in interpreting this to mean that the "spot" comes from the
unidentified pink amoenas or the two sdlgs?  Anybody have educated
guesses as to what was in the background of those amoenas or Hall
seedlings that provided the spot?

In other words, is it thought to be a pumila spot or something else?

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA
very strange to see all that green out there when temps are hovering at
32oF

Tired of empty chat rooms and out of date bulletin boards?
http://www.ONElist.com
ONElist: Making the Internet Intimate