HYB: weather-rain

From: StorYlade@aol.com

Dennis,

The dry pollen is relatively easy.  Cut some buds to open inside.  It's
especially helpful if there are patches of time when you get a break between
thunderstorms.  I always take blooms in before a rain, and sometimes I even
use the pollen after the rain!

This brings me to another point to ponder.  I have been told not to worry
about rains that come after the cross.  Either the cross takes at the time of
pollination or it doesn't and rain doesn't change it either way!!!  Comes
back to being a little bit pregnant.  It just doesn't happen.  The chance of
rain washing pollen out before it 'takes' is 0 to none.  Or so I've been told.

Comments????????

Betty in cool, crisp Bowling Green KY.

Start a new hobby. Meet a new friend.
http://www.ONElist.com
ONElist:  The leading provider of free e-mail list services!