Re: Bloom report:

From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>

Hello Folks,

Cold last night w/light frost in the river bottom.  New blooms again
today.  AMERICAN SWEETHEART - one I acquired because the
description sounded interesting.  Nice thing with standards burnt
orange, red black falls with very bright yellow shoulders and bright
yellow beard.  I was pleased.  STEPPING OUT - everyone knows
this one.  LUMIERE D'AUTOMNE -autumn colors here; silky med
brown and tan with a fret of golden yellow on the shoulders.  Had
trouble opening as the ruffles tangled.  FASHION PASSION - not
an appropriate name for something of mine.  Mike's Ts would be
more my fashion.  An amoena type with wine purple falls and a
blurry yellow in the standards.  MACHO HOMBRE - has not been
a macho grower, so is shorter than it should be.  Bronze? Brown
with a rosy cast?  Colors like this are hard to describe.  TWIST OF
FATE - a nice one.  I'm always surprised at how much it appeals to
me.  It has a certain grace and balance which seems to be unique
to itself.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net.
Texas Zone 7 - how have you folks in Oklahoma done with the
weather?

Are you hogging all the fun?
http://www.ONElist.com
Friends tell friends about ONElist!