Re: Show Question

From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>

> From: Patsiris@aol.com
>
> On the subject of the new historic iris section;  Does any iris old
enough to
> qualify as historic have to be entered in that section?   Or, if not, for
instance, if
> the iris is a TB, can one be entered in the historical division and
another
> in TB?   Our show chairman, after reading the judges handbook, did not
know,
> but would like to have some info. before  the situation comes up.

Pat,

The new AIS Judges' Handbook says ( in the Chapter on Historic Irises, p.
219): "Exhibitors should have the choice of entering the 30+ year-old iris
in the Historic or regular class (TB, MTB, etc.)."

I believe this wording (with the use of "or") is consistent with what we
have done at our local show since we added a Historic Section a few years
ago. It has been our practice to permit the exhibitor to enter older iris
in either the Historic or the approriate "regular" Section, but not to
allow the same exhibitor to enter a stalk of the same cultivar in both the
Historic and the "regular" Section.

In other words, if a particular exhibitor wishes to enter a stalk of OLA
KALA in the Historic Section and a stalk of CUP RACE in the TB Section,
fine. But it would not be permitted for the same exhibitor to enter one
stalk of CUP RACE in the Historic section and another in the TB Section.

jcwalters@bridgernet.com

Looking to expand your world?
http://www.ONElist.com
ONElist has over 115,000 e-mail communities from which to chose!