Re: Iris Show

From: "Rusty Thornsburg" <rtburg@hotmail.com>

It's been a busy weekend, first with the Fort Worth Show, then with
the Dallas show!  It has been a real trip; I think I've logged
somewhere near 200 miles this weekend, but it's been worth it!

What Pat forgot to mention about the Dallas is that this year, thanks
in part to the new Judge's Handbook rules, we were able to have a Best
Specimen Youth, and a Youth Sweepstakes.

Frosty Elegance (IB) exhibited by yours truly won Best Youth Specimen.
 I also won Sweepstakes.  This was particularly sweet for me, because
this was my last year as a Youth Member.

Saturday, we held the Fort Worth show, which also had 250+ irises on
display, as well as an artistic division.  Queen of Show in
Horticulture went to SKATING PARTY, grown by Joe and Donna Spears.
All of my hort. entries were pathetic (one had 4 falls-- you don't see
these things when you're still asleep and it's dark outside), but I
made up for it in the Artisic Division...by winning Best Design of
Show.  No-one was more surprised than I; that is the stiffest
competition I've ever seen!

Rusty
Exhausted, yet ready for more.

Did you know that ONElist hosts some of the largest lists on the Internet?
http://www.ONElist.com
Our scaleable system is the most reliable free e-mail service on the Internet!