Re: TB: spot pattern (was Peach Spot)

From: DWiris@aol.com

In a message dated 4/18/99 7:07:37 AM Eastern Daylight Time, lmann@icx.net
writes:

<< Am I right in interpreting this to mean that the "spot" comes from the
 unidentified pink amoenas or the two sdlgs?  Anybody have educated
 guesses as to what was in the background of those amoenas or Hall
 seedlings that provided the spot?

 In other words, is it thought to be a pumila spot or something else? >>

Dear Linda:

I don't believe there was any pumila in any of these.  However, going back to
Whole Cloth's ancestors, Progenitor's pod parent was I. reichenbachii, a
yellow dwarf.  This was the beginning of blue amoenas.  Crossing Whole Cloth
with pinks probably enhanced the amoena pattern.  It seems likely that Peach
Spot somehow is just a variation of a pink amoena.

Dorothy

Have you visited the new ONElist home page lately?
http://www.ONElist.com
ONElist: The Leading e-mail list and community service on the Internet!