Re: TB: Zebra and striped foliage

From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>

Joni in Georgia writes:

>  I do have a question about the TB's with variegated leaves. I have ZEBRA
and
> I just love the yellow and green foliage. I'm curious to know if there is
> variegated TB with yellow flowers? The whole reason I even wondered this
is
> that I have LEMON POP planted in front of ZEBRA and I took the most
amazing
> photo the other day of that yellow and white flower backed up by the
yellow
> and green leaves and it's beautiful!!
>  Is ZEBRA sterile or something? Or maybe the variegated leaves don't get
> passed on?? I can't believe that there aren't lots of variegated TB's out

> there. I think I've only seen 2, maybe 3, others. Anyone out there doing
> crosses for this trait?

Joni,

Brad Kasperek has been breeding for irises with variegated foliage as well
as for irises with variegated flowers. He has introduced four TBs so far
with variegated foliage:

	ZEBRA BLUSH (95) - green & white pbf; bicolor flowers of yellow and rose.
	ZEBRA HALO (97) - green & white foliage; creamy yellow flowers.
	ZEBRA NIGHT (98) - green & white foliage; dark violet floers.
	TRICERABOTTOMZ (99) - green streaked white and light yellow-green foliage;
buff 	flowers.

Brad's catalog is available for $3.00 from:
	Zebra Iris Gardens
	9130 North 5200 West
	Elwood, UT 84337

jcwalters@bridgernet.com

Shop.theglobe.com * One-Stop Shopping * Free Shipping in U.S.!
Live Personal Shopper * Satisfaction Guaranteed * No Hassle Returns!
Accessories, Apparel, Jewelry, Kids, Sporting Goods, Apparel, More!!