Re: TB: Zebra and striped foliage

From: "Mark, Maureen" <MARKM@tc.gc.ca>

Others are:

Striped Jade (Weiler 1984) TB 35" Light yellow flowers and ivory and white
variegated foliage.

Striped Moonbeam (D. Shepard 1990) AB 18" Gray-green foliage, white
variegation, flowers lemon yellow, pencil-line cream striping.  Rebloom in
zone 4.

Zebra Halo (Kasperek 1997) TB 36" Heavily laced, warm creamy yellow
standards and falls are edged aureolin yellow.  Variegated show stalks.
Orange beards tipped white.  5 buds.

Zebra Blush (Kasperek 1995) TB 34" Dark green, red-purple based fans,
streaked and marbled white.  Striped stalks, flowers with light yellow
standards and light rose flaring falls.  Lavender beards.  HM97.

The Kaspareks are working on getting variegated flowers on variegated
foliage.  We'll probably see more variegated foliage plants in the coming
years.  Bud count is currently the challenge.

These are all listed in the Zebra Gardens catalogue.

Maureen Mark
Ottawa, Canada (zone 4)

> From: "Mike Sutton" <suttons@lightspeed.net>
> Hi Joni,
> Off the top of my head I think BOLD STRIPES is a yellow with variegated
> foilage.  Our plicata seedling with variegated foilage is blooming this
> morning, I will be busy crossing it with my SA color breaker!
> Mike - tired after HUGE amount of people here over the weekend.

Share the wealth!
Tell a friend about ONElist's 115,000 free e-mail communities!