CONV: regions 14 and 15

Wow!  What a weekend.  There was over 200 people who attended the Joint regional spring trek this weekend.  It just happened to coincide with the first ever Porterville Iris Festival put on by the City of Porterville.  We set a one day garden visitor record on Sat., the sad thing is I don't know the exact number because we couldn't count everybody but it was welllllllll over 1500 people all excited about iris.  Unfortunately I was so busy I didn't get a chance to meet or spend a lot of time with any of the iris talkers.  My apologies to all of you I didn't meet and to those I did but didn't get to spend a lot of time with.  The regional was great, baring all the hotel glitches and the low bloom amount.  Of course this morning after two days of 90+ weather the entire guest iris bed is in bloom.  As soon as I have the entire list of the winners I will post it.  I do know that Keith Keppel's LOVELY DAWN won two awards and that a Virginia Messick seedling won the best seedling award.  OMAR'S GOLD by Carl Boswell won something too, I just can't remember.  It looked great here and I heard it looked very nice at the other gardens also.  That's it for now, got to go hybridize before it gets too hot.  A quick note, I spent a little time with Ray Schreiner (what a wealth of knowledge!) and he mentioned that they have some...... space age seedlings!  They have been reselected!  I am getting chills!  Ray was the guest speaker and showed some seedling slides and wow they have got some TDF seedlings coming down the pike.
Mike - tired but excited in Porterville, CA peak TB bloom next weekend.