Re: HYB: colorbreak - whooohoooo

From: "Mark, Maureen" <MARKM@tc.gc.ca>

I can't wait to see the pictures.  Hope you have lots of film because I'm
not getting out to California any time soon.

Maureen Mark
mailto:mmark@ottawa.com
Ottawa, Canada (zone 4)

> Wooohoooo!
> Hi all, I have been out hybridizing and I just had to come in and send a
> message.  I was checking on a colorbreaking SA cross and I came across two
> very nice seedlings.  One I can't describe but I will post a picture
> later, the other one is a very, very nice colorbreaking plicata.
> Standards are broken color and the falls are plicata!  Quite an
> interesting effect, good vigor and bud count too!  I also notice that one
> of my other SA colorbreakers has four of the seedlings exhibiting Siamese
> twin stalks and increases!?  Don't know what to make of this.  This is the
> cross that has produced a very nice colorbreaking SA....pictures to come.
> One of my other goals was to accomplish a reverse amoena SA on the lines
> of crowned heads.  It looks like I have it now, it is just opening but
> looks darker than Crowned Heads.
> Mike - too excited for my own good, you all have got to come visit!

Start a new hobby. Meet a new friend.
http://www.ONElist.com
ONElist:  The leading provider of free e-mail list services!