HYB: Broken Color Seedlings

From: Sharon McAllister <73372.1745@compuserve.com>

Message text written by Mike Sutton:

Hi all, I have been out hybridizing and I just had to come in and send a
message.  I was checking on a colorbreaking SA cross and I came across two
very nice seedlings.  One I can't describe but I will post a picture later,
the other one is a very, very nic!
e colorbreaking plicata.  Standards are broken color and the falls are
plicata!  Quite an interesting effect, good vigor and bud count too! <

I had an interesting broken-color amoena this year -- unfortunately it
opened in a mud-storm and I couldn't get a picture.  Falls are smooth
reddish violet, but the standards are broken yellow and lavender.  Very
unusual, as breaks are usually yellow and white/ivory or lavender and
white/ivory.  One of my neighbors was so fascinated by it she started
suggesting names, but I want to watch it to be sure this is a true color
break and not just a weather-related phenomenon.

Sharon McAllister
73372.1745@compuserve.com

Looking to expand your world?
http://www.ONElist.com
ONElist has over 115,000 e-mail communities from which to chose!