Re: Bloom report: thalo blue

From: "S&C Rust" <srust@fidnet.com>

Donald, we used BUSY BEING BLUE to hybridize on some of Hager's reblooming
blues and have lots of seedlings up...seems to have very potent pollen.  Did
you notice BBB's texture veining?  It is a very distinctive part of its
appearance here.  I just mowed off one of its bloomstalks yesterday
afternoon.  I thought it had more sense!  Its made a huge 2nd year clump, so
no matter.

Cindy Rust, Missouri...YAQUINA BLUE seems affected by late freezes, but did
so well in a poor part of the garden, it got a better spot.  Will report on
its performance later.  My favorite blue is still SAPPHIRE HILLS, followed

Share the wealth!
Tell a friend about ONElist's 115,000 free e-mail communities!