Re: OT-HUMOR: weather/defective product

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

>> Dear Sir:
>> I'm writing in regard to your product #99SPR - serial
>> #952-UHOH-4.
>> Although you've managed to ship the parts missing from
>> the previous package (#99SPR - serial #952-OOPS-3):
>> Birds, assorted
>> Green, misc. short types
>> Sunshine
>> The thermostat is not behaving as it should. The
>> nighttime setting is stuck on 22 degrees and the optional
>> feature Green, tall, is refusing to turn itself on. I
>> strongly suspect that a thermostat from product #98WNTR
>> has been included in error since it features the option
>> "frost" which will not shut itself off.
>> I would appreciate a replacement of the thermostat ASAP.
>> Thank you,
>> Christy Hensler

>   Dear Christy,
>   You are indeed correct - an error was made. The
>thermostat needed for proper temperature control was
>shipped to Mike Sutton by mistake. We apologize for any
>inconvenience that this may have caused. Rest assured that
>we have rectified the situation, and a new thermostat is
>being sent to you. Expect delivery in six to eight weeks.
>   We hope that this one mixup does not prevent you from
>doing business with us in the future. Please check out our
>upcoming summer line - part #99-SUM, now with the
>long-anticipated Stereophonic Thunderstorm with Hail

>     Customer Service Dept.
>     The Nature Company
>     "Bringing you the best in weather for over 210 million years"

Just a warning to potential purchasers of the #99-SUM line. We in
Australia were used as guinea pigs for testing this item, earlier
this year. Now the item functioned effecively for the most part, but
the Stereophonic Thunderstorm with Hail option had obviously been
omitted, or accidentally found it's way into the #99-AUT module
recently tested in Sydney. The adjustment for hailstone size is
apparently rather touchy, with disastrous results.
Caveat Emptor
Jan Clark

You can now easily share photos and documents with your fellow list members
Check out our homepage for details on how to use our new shared files feature!