Re: ADMIN: Tell it like it is

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

>I have decided that I will keep using the subject tags regardless of >the outcome of this vote. There was a very good reason we went to >that system, and the system works very well when people will just >take one moment to learn to use it. I, for one, find the list a >tiresome mess when the use of the tags breaks down, especially since >that is usually accompanied by a flurry of inconsequential and >unconsidered postings.

You could see this coming couldn't you? Yes it's a ME TOO - Aaargh!

>I frankly don't understand why John has been forced to keep nagging >people about this small and simple point, which is nothing more than >showing some consideration for others.
>Anner Whitehead

We all make mistakes - it's human nature. Some times I think people are just so excited about having their say, they simply forget. If the original posting has a wrong heading, the replies will often continue with the same heading.
Or maybe some of us are just a bit thick! Perhaps a monthly award could be made for 'most improved subject heading writer', with an honours list.

Question - Is it possible for one person to vote several times on the survey? I didn't try this myself. It would make a mockery of the process wouldn't it?
Also  - to what extent is the outcome of the survey affected by the . (dot) being in the 'Yes' position to start with? Do people find this 'forces their arm'?

Musings from Jan Clark, who should be doing better things

Show mom you love her.  Check out our great Mother's Day Gifts!
14K Gold and gemstone jewelry, leather and cloth wallets and purses,
gardening, gourmet, kitchen, more! Free Shipping in the US!
          http://www.onelist.com/ad/shoptheglobe5