Re: ADMIN: Tell it like it is

From: tomd@fones.cals.lib.ar.us (Tom Dillard)

Hi Iris Listers:

I appreciate both sides of the issue of using subject tags...but I come
down on the side of Anner and those who wish to maintain the tags.  I
subscribe to several listservs...and it is not unusual for me to get 100
messages each day... and to find 300 messages awaiting me after a long
weekend.  There is no way to get through them all...so I quickly delete
anything with a subject line that does not interest me.

If we do away with those subject lines, I'll either have to drop from the
list ...or commence deleting based on the name of the "sender," having a
general idea of which subscribers tend to send messages which interest me
and which don't.  Neither of these is good.

I too have received one of John's reminders about using subject tags...and
I was not at all offended.  (My spouse has spent 20 years teaching me how
to gracefully accept "direction"!!!)

Sorry to add to the clutter...

Tom W. Dillard, Curator
Butler Center for Arkansas Studies
Central Arkansas Library System
100 Rock Street
Little Rock, Arkansas  72201
(501) 918-3054

Share the wealth!
Tell a friend about ONElist's 115,000 free e-mail communities!