Re: REF: Hybridizing Book

From: "S&C Rust" <srust@fidnet.com>

Sharon, it is true that it is hard to get an aril or arilbred to a show
here, because they bloom so early.  Stephie cut a stalk of Absalom's
Treachery today and put it in the refrigerator.  I don't know what it will
look like by Saturday, but it definetely would have bloomed out before
Saturday if left in the garden.  One day it was a tight bud in a bloomstalk,
and the next (today) it was showing a lot of color.  It was sent to her as
an extra from the ASI sale and is a 98 intro.  It is a halfbred, and she
would like for others to get to see it if possible.  Do you think it should
be taken out of the refrigerator on Friday?  A tape I have by Harold Shockey
says that some arils (breds?) grow and look their best the second day.  If
anyone has advise on this point, we would like to have it!  Thanks.

Cindy Rust, Missouri...Stephie also cut a stalk of I. graminea and wants to
know if it needs to have a straight stalk?  Hers has a curve.  It too, is in
the refrigerator, as it was the very last stalk.  Thanks!

Did you know that we add over 1,000 new e-mail communities every day?
Explore a new hobby, discover a new friend, laugh at a new joke!