Re: ADMIN: Tell it like it is

From: HIPSource@aol.com

In a message dated 4/20/99 12:52:37 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
janclarx@hotmail.com writes:

<<  We all make mistakes - it's human nature. Some times I think people are
just so excited about having their say, they simply forget. If the original
posting has a wrong heading, the replies will often continue with the same
 Or maybe some of us are just a bit thick! >>

Of course we all make mistakes. All kinds of mistakes. I'm no exception, Jan,
as you have noted on several occasions. But even I can get the hang of this

The use of the Subject Tags has always been optional. But what I notice is
that when people don't use the Tags they usually don't use a well thought out
subject line in place of them, either.  The whole point of the list is
communication, but you've got to make some effort to be understood, or why
should anyone bother to read it?

We have people on the list with a modest command of the language who manage
to make it all fit together well, but it eludes native speakers. Just makes
me scratch my head sometimes.

Anner Whitehead

Did you know that ONElist hosts some of the largest lists on the Internet?
Our scaleable system is the most reliable free e-mail service on the Internet!