Re: ADMIN: Tell it like it is

From: "Walter Moores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>

	I cannot see any way out of making my comments a 'me, too' response,
and here goes.  I just recently joined another list that has no
subject tags, and even though there is a subject line (which somebody
fails to change), I find that I never know what I am getting into
when I open one of the messages (particularly off topic chitchat and
how the grandchildren are faring or Aunt Sally's misery).  That, of
course, happens on iris-talk, but less often because of the subject
tags.  When used properly, subject tags are a definite asset.  If we
get rid of them, I wonder how anybody will be able to use Digest or
the Archives.  The Archives are a treasure trove of iris knowledge
and lore and would be totally useless and unsearchable without
subject tags.

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8

> From: HIPSource@aol.com
> Greetings,
> I have decided that I will keep using the subject tags regardless of the
> outcome of this vote. There was a very good reason we went to that system,
> and the system works very well when people will just take one moment to learn
> to use it. I, for one, find the list a tiresome mess when the use of the tags
> breaks down, especially since that is usually accompanied by a flurry of
> inconsequential and unconsidered postings.  I frankly don't understand why
> John has been forced to keep nagging people about this small and simple
> point, which is nothing more than showing some consideration for others.
> Anner Whitehead
> HIPSource@aol.com

Has ONElist changed your life?
Visit our homepage and share with us your experiences at ONElist of the Week!