Re: OT: Use of CAPITALS in Posts

From: HIPSource@aol.com

In a message dated 4/20/99 3:06:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time, srust@fidnet.com
writes:

<< Anner, I had no idea that using upper case letters (as in a variety name)
 was considered rude anywhere.  As Region 18 YC, I was asked to please use
 upper case letters when indicating a variety of iris, as it was the new,
 accepted way to do so.  Certainly, no offense was meant!  I will try to
 remember not to use upper case letters when posting to this list! >>

Oh, using them for an iris name is another Thing altogether. That is an Iris
Print Thing that has transferred over from the Bulletin and so forth. I guess
most all of us in the Society follow the prevailing convention of writing
them in Caps, with the name of the hybridizer and year following in
parenthesis where appropriate.

But yes, it is generally considered Bad Form to "shout" on the 'net as a
matter of course.  It bothers me personally only because I find it real hard
on the eyes, but some folks are really rabid on the etiquette subject and I
thought I'd better just mention it.

Anner Whitehead
HIPSource@aol.com

Did you know that knowledge is power?
http://www.ONElist.com
Join a new ONElist e-mail community and strengthen your mind!