blooming problem

From: freedmaj@att.net

I live on the south New Jersey coast and have a bunch
of bearded irises which were planted several years
ago. I am not an expert on irises by any account.
Every spring the irises come up and put out large
healthy buds. However, only about half of them open.
The ones that do are beautiful. However, the others
seem to attempt to open but the petals fail to
separate, apparantly stuck together by a sticky
waterly fluid. The buds eventually die. I have
researched all the literature but can find nothing
describing this problem or its cause. If anyone
recognizes this syndrome I would greatly appreciate
some advice on what to do.
Thank you, Jerry

Has ONElist changed your life?
Visit our homepage and share with us your experiences at ONElist of the Week!