SHOW: Refrigerating Specimens

From: Sharon McAllister <73372.1745@compuserve.com>

Message text written by Cindy Rust:

Sharon, it is true that it is hard to get an aril or arilbred to a show
here, because they bloom so early.  Stephie cut a stalk of Absalom's
Treachery today and put it in the refrigerator.  I don't know what it will
look like by Saturday, but it definetely would have bloomed out before
Saturday if left in the garden.  One day it was a tight bud in a
bloomstalk,
and the next (today) it was showing a lot of color.  It was sent to her as
an extra from the ASI sale and is a 98 intro.  It is a halfbred, and she
would like for others to get to see it if possible.  Do you think it should
be taken out of the refrigerator on Friday?  <

I've rarely had an opportunity to enter shows, even by refrigerating
things, so someone else may be able to give you a better answer.  I've
always allowed the flower to open, but not fully expand,  before
refrigerating.  For a Saturday morning entry, I'd take things out of the
frig on Friday night and place them in an unheated room to adjust to warmer
temperatures.  That way the flowers would be fully expanded by show time.

Sharon McAllister
73372.1745@compuserve.com

G-SHOCK SPORTS WATCH - Built Tough! Built Cool! G-SHOCK keeps you in
Sync!  Shock Resistant and Loaded with Features!  Electo-luminescent,
Satisfaction Guaranteed*No-Hassle Returns*Only $69 Free Freight in US
          http://www.onelist.com/ad/shoptheglobe6