OT-Chat: Use of Capitals.

From: "Mark A. Cook" <billc@atlantic.net>

I was off list for a couple weeks, but am back for now.  I looked
in the daily digests and saw a discussion concering the use of capital
letters.
     Anner is correct in saying that it is the equivilant of shouting,
and thus is considered rude.  Also that using it for the name of Iris
varieties is OK.
     I am on the official Daylily e-mail Robin.  There, they request
that the names of Daylilies be in all capitals, for instance to
distinguish between Bill Watson the man, and BILL WATSON the Daylily.
     When I mentioned Irises on this list, excluding species, I had been
using all capitals.  Do you all think it is appropriate for this list?
     John, as list owner, what is your opinion on this?  Thinking of
this, although I have messed up a few times, I support continued use of
the subject tags.

Mark A. Cook
billc@atlantic.net
Dunnellon, Florida	[20 miles southwest of Ocala]