HIST: "Drady"

From: HIPSource@aol.com

In a message dated 4/20/99 10:07:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Iarejan@aol.com
writes:

<< but isn't that older iris called DRADY black and white?   It always looks
like it is from the pictures I've seen and I think I saw it described that
way at least once >>

Yep, there is very strong contrast between the dark purple and white on this
darling little amoena, a picture of which you can see on the HIPS page as
well. Notice that I put quotes on the name "Drady", since it is a little
mystery iris, not registered with AIS--unless Mike has done so recently--and
we don't know what the story is on it.

"Drady" is one of the most interesting of the unknowns HIPS is working on,
and the one iris for which this office received the most requests for source
referrals last year. I assure you that you will find nothing lacking in the
form if you are fortunate to grow this remarkably beautiful iris.

Anner Whitehead
Commercial Source Chairman
Historic Iris Preservation Society
HIPSource@aol.com

Start a new hobby. Meet a new friend.
http://www.ONElist.com
ONElist:  The leading provider of free e-mail list services!