Re: ADMIN: Tell it like it is

From: HIPSource@aol.com

In a message dated 4/20/99 4:04:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
wmoores@watervalley.net writes:

<<  I just recently joined another list that has no subject tags, and even
though there is a subject line (which somebody fails to change), I find that
I never know what I am getting into when I open one of the messages
(particularly off topic chitchat and
 how the grandchildren are faring or Aunt Sally's misery).  That, of course,
happens on iris-talk, but less often because of the subject tags. >>

I'd rather deal with a hefty percent of frankly off-topic posts if they are
clearly labeled than wade through one hundred percent of the posts with no
idea of what was supposed to be in each besides the sort of stuff that tends
to show up in subject lines in a lax atmosphere. All those bizarre little
fragments and adhoc abbreviations and so forth.

As for the Digest Mode, I tried it when I was real pressed for time and I
personally found it more bother to deal with than just whipping through the
posts in my well developed "quick scan and delete" mode. All that downloading
and subsequent management of files was no end of a drag.

Anner Whitehead

Did you know that knowledge is power?
Join a new ONElist e-mail community and strengthen your mind!