Re: cultivar names & caps

From: Judyhunt1@aol.com

In a message dated 4/20/99 8:41:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time, lmann@icx.net
writes:

Linda Mann wrote:
 with capital letters it's alot easier in cyberspace to tell ROSALIE
 FIGGE, CLARENCE, and LADY EMMA, the flowers, from Rosalie, Clarence, and
 Lady Emma (surely there is one), the humans.  Those flowers are all in
 my rebloomer bed, but those people better not be!>

Linda, indeed there is a Lady Emma.  I was told that LADY EMMA was named for
Emma Hobbs from Indiana, who is truly a wonderful lady.  She has been active
in AIS and the Region for many years.

Judy Hunt in Louisville, KY, where in addition to many SDBs, the IBs ELEANOR
ROOSEVELT and HIS are blooming.  It is supposed to reach 80 degrees F
tomorrow.

Share the wealth!
http://www.ONElist.com
Tell a friend about ONElist's 115,000 free e-mail communities!