Re: OT: Oklahoma weather

From: "Perry Dyer" <pdyer@flash.net>

Hi Donald:

We've had wind, but nothing like what you-all had last week.  It got mighty
chilly for a few days, and we all were glad to see it.  We were a touch
ahead of schedule for peak for the national in 2 weeks (and counting!).  Now
I think we're going to nail it.  I'm at IB peak, which is right where I
should be.  Some of the more-protected OKC gardens are further along,
however.  I only have about a dozen TB's blooming thusfar.  Hot yesterday
and today (mid-80's), but supposed to cool off again and maybe some more
much-needed rain later in the week.

I was all set to make about 100 SDB crosses Sunday.  Too cold that morning
to do it, so I was all set to do my mad dash at crossing that afternoon.
Much to my surprise, I found 75% of what I was going to thump was MELTED.  I
had had a heavier frost that I realized, I guess.  Yet another convention
garden, Sharon Beasley, Newcastle (6 miles north of me) brought a beautiful
bouquet of TB's to church that morning.  Wasn't even touched.  I'm in a
valley and probably am colder than others.

Finishing up the convention booklet tonight, and hopefully the bus routes
tomorrow night.  We're on our way!

Perry Dyer
Blanchard, OK

>How did you folks do with the wind and cold last week?  I heard
>a rather unpleasant account of the weather up thereabouts today.

Tired of empty chat rooms and out of date bulletin boards?
ONElist: Making the Internet Intimate