Re: OT: Oklahoma weather

From: Greer Holland <mindpath@flash.net>

Donald Eaves wrote:

> From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
>
> How did you folks do with the wind and cold last week?  I heard
> a rather unpleasant account of the weather up thereabouts today.
>
> Donald Eaves
> donald@eastland.net
> Texas Zone 7

Dear Donald,
	Greetings from Oklahoma City, where we have had some warm and windy
days lately.  In our own garden, on the northeast side of the city, we
had no damage from low temperatures last week.  It got down to 33 and 34
during two nights with some frost in the mornings, but the temperatures
were not low enough to contort the stalks or turn any potential blooms
into mush.  The wind has been vigorous - enough to snap a few of our
pending TB stalks.
	Overall, things look great here and I am hearing nice things about the
convention gardens.  We should be right on schedule for a great bloom
show, with some SDB's & IB's blooming right now and more to come.  We
had our first tall bearded bloom today, so there are still plenty of
blooms to come.
	I hope to meet lots of you folks at the registration table soon!

Best regards,
Mona French

Show mom you love her.  Check out our great Mother's Day Gifts!
14K Gold and gemstone jewelry, leather and cloth wallets and purses,
gardening, gourmet, kitchen, more! Free Shipping in the US!
          http://www.onelist.com/ad/shoptheglobe5