Re: cultivar names & caps

From: "Perry Dyer" <pdyer@flash.net>

I'm a member of the daylily e-robin also, and the use of CAPS to designate
the name of the daylily is the policy.  So, if Iris-Talk were to follow
suit, it would be KITTY DYER, OKLAHOMA KITTY, MISS KITTY, and KITTY D so we
won't get confused with Kitty Dyer, Contemporary Gardens' favorite mother
CAILLET so we won't get confused with the feisty ball o' fire from Little
Elm, TX.

OK, that's it.  I'm supposed to be typing bus routes tonight.  So I'm outa
here.  *Glorious* weather here, although a bit breezy and a touch too warm
(supposed to cool off again and be just right later this week).

Perry Dyer
Blanchard, OK

P.S.  Oh yea, and then there's KITTY ON STEROIDS (Kevin Vaughn's LA salute
to my mom, just a garden name at this point and still being tested for

>>with capital letters it's alot easier in cyberspace to tell ROSALIE
>FIGGE, CLARENCE, and LADY EMMA, the flowers, from Rosalie, Clarence, and
>Lady Emma (surely there is one), the humans.  Those flowers are all in
>my rebloomer bed, but those people better not be!
>Linda M

Looking for the perfect gift for a friend?
Tell them about ONElist's 115,000 free e-mail communities!