HYB: aril questions (was Re: HYB: Broken Color Seedlings)

From: Dennis Kramb <dkramb@tso.cin.ix.net>

>When quarterbreds are crossed with tetraploid arils, the progeny can in
>theory be either 1/2-breds or 3/4-breds -- but I've found a strong tendency
>toward fully fertile halfbreds.  I've obtained a much higher success rate
>using quarterbreds with my tetraploid arils than merely crossing the arils
>straight to TBs, both in terms of the number of seedlings and the overall

Which way gives you best results in crossing quarterbred with tetraploid
arils?   Quarterbred as pod parent or pollen parent?

And what about when crossing tet TBs with tet arils?  Does it seem to make
a difference which one is the pod parent or pollen parent?

...so many questions!  :)

Dennis Kramb; dkramb@tso.cin.ix.net

Shop.theglobe.com * One-Stop Shopping * Free Shipping in U.S.!
Live Personal Shopper * Satisfaction Guaranteed * No Hassle Returns!
Accessories, Apparel, Jewelry, Kids, Sporting Goods, Apparel, More!!