Re: CULT: Bloom reports

From: JEM300@aol.com

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your bloom report.  It is helpful to me since I decided I was NOT
putting any TB rhizomes in ground this year until they were looking pretty
"dessicated".  It seems all the plump rzs I planted last year have rotted.
The only healthy ones I currently have are ones that I received that looked
like they should be pitched into the compost pile!  I guess our warm wet
winter and freeze-thaw cycles aren't beneficial to the big "goiter" irises.

Enjoy your bloom, hope it's all wonderful.

Linda Doffek
West Bend, WI  Zone 5

<< The SDBs I bought last fall from Schreiners are now putting on a truly
 amazing performance.  Most are producing from 6-12 bloomstalks on first
 year rhizomes! The champ is 'Inner Peace' with 12 stalks and a fine
 pallida-type fragrance.  Instant clump!  All of the new IBs from them are
 showing bloomstalks, and all but 2 of 14 new TBs.  Excellent quality
 rhizomes, well-cured, seem to be the secret.  Mine obviously had been held
 since digging time in June or July  for September shipment and looked
 pretty dessicated when they arrived.
 Roots were not shaved and they were planted directly in the garden >>

New hobbies? New curiosities? New enthusiasms?
Sign up for a new e-mail list today!