Re: CULT: Infelicitous Terminology

From: "Perry Dyer" <pdyer@flash.net>

Well, well, well,

To Anner, and I suppose anyone else who *obviously* hasn't met famous Miss
Kitty yet:

Hoer:  One who hoes.
Hoe (v.):  To dig, cultivate, weed with a hoe.
Kitty Dyer:  One who can hoe circles around me or any other gardener I've
*ever* seen (even still at age 75)

Kitty Dyer is also Contemporary Gardens' centerfold, in living color, in the
'99 catalog

Now, before y'all freak out over that statement and think we're just some
kind of hillbilly white trash perverts over here, send me your snail-mail
address and I'll felicitously send you a catalog so you can decide for

And BTW, both the above terms:  *Preferred* by Mrs. Dyer.  And, at her age,
she gets (and does!) what she wants!  She uses both terms herself,
accompanied by that giggle of hers and a wide smile on those rosy cheeks of

As to the recommended alternatives, I guess I'm just such an undereducated
Okie hick (with a BA degree) I can't even pronounce them, much less know
what they mean.  I'm so ignorant I had to whoop out the dictionary to even
know what the Subject Line said.

I'll have to remember to show all this to Miss Kitty in the morning.  She
and I are both under a lot of stress, trying to get ready for 2 national
conventions in 6 weeks.  We both need a good laugh.

I wouldn't trade my ho-er/mother/best friend for any other ol' gal in the

Perry Dyer
Blanchard, OK