Re: Cultivar Names

From: Judyhunt1@aol.com

 David Silverberg wrote:

 <This is just to set the record straight about LADY EMMA! The iris was
 not named for Emma Hobbs, but rather for Emma Jones, the wife of the
 hybridizer, Frank Jones. I can say this with all certainty because I
 suggested the name, and I was priveleged to have known the lady and to
 have been allowed to introduce LADY EMMA, (see page 101, Bulletin 261,
 April '86).>

Boy is my face red!  Apologies to all concerned.  I will have to pass this
along to my friend who told me that it was named for Emma Hobbs.  I am glad
to have been straightened out on this, Dave.  Thanks.

Judy Hunt in Louisville

Tired of empty chat rooms and out of date bulletin boards?
http://www.ONElist.com
ONElist: Making the Internet Intimate