Re: all LA Iris lovers

From: RYFigge@aol.com

All LA Iris lovers rally around THE flag, that is, the REblooming iris flag.
If you don't already belong to the Reblooming Iris Society, hurry and join o
you will miss out on a wonderful display for the Louisiana Iris which
  We decided the Louisiana irises had been overlooked  (and they are too
beautiful for that!) so this issue of the RECORDER has some articles on LA
reblooming  AND a slide of one is  gorgeously featured on the cover in
color!.  I am so proud of the way Kathy   has surpassed even herself with how
she has edited this issue!  You will find the articles are very
people-oriented  - very readable and interesting.  Members have been very
kind with helpful ideas, etc   I hope everyone continues  in this manner for
the next editor.
  Even as the proof reader - reading  it over 3 or 4 times, I found it so
interesting that sometimes I got carried away and missed making some
corrections -- so just remember that all the good you see are  to be credited
to Kathy -- the typos are all my fault - -- and I pride myself on being a
good proofreader  (I did  enough of it for my husband  often in Latin and
German -- guess you pay more attention if it isn't fascinating!)
There is still time to join and receive this fabulous edition:  Charlie
Brown, Membership Chairman,  3114 So  FM 131,  Denison, TX   75020
(Charlie,  at last I spelled "Denison" this time with one "n"  --  The p.o.
should be happy enough to Congratulate me!)
One year is 5 dollars, 3 yrs = 13 dollars  for one person -- if I was a
little younger, I;d join for life at  a hundred dollars!)

Now for a report on my accident -- I was coming home from a geneology talk -
about 4 p.m and suddenly there was an accident in front of me (18 wheeler
had  flipped on its side on top of a Mercedes - this was on I-95 - ---in
spite of breaking, it appeared so fast that I hit the car in front - we were
like dominos - my airbags added to the confusion, besides helping - I guess -
anyhow . my beloved plymouth van is no more, and I',m  trying to be pollyanna
-    in comparison to what could have happened, I feel very lucky, if
bruised!  There mus have been an angel sitting on my shoulder.  My right knee
(and, hush, hush  my tummy) are black and blue.   The tummy had plenty of
padding, it just isn't  comfortable to lean over --  AND  You know those fat
garden knees weren't very good  and now my driving leg has to wait awhile and
rest -- and that is difficult to do == the bone man took a number of xrays
and said nothing broken, to continue with physio-therapy but not do anything
that hurts -- see me in 2 weeks, thank you very much!!!   Don't worry --- in
case you were!! -- I'll be in OK, just a little slower! --
Aren't we all thankkful it isn't Colorado this time!  How those people must
be suffering -- Our niece is an AIS member and she helped in one of the
gardens last year,  she has her doctorate and  retired early as a counselor
for that county,(I think)  -- so she's working on that case now -- haven't
been able to reach her by phone -- and her  mother, ny sister=in=law=  died
the day of my accident -   So  the Colorado Figge family, wherever they are
have  their hands
full.     Rosalie nr Baltimore where we are tired of rain   zone 7

New hobbies? New curiosities? New enthusiasms?
Sign up for a new e-mail list today!