HYB: Aril Questions

From: Sharon McAllister <73372.1745@compuserve.com>

Message text written by Cindy Rust:

>  Sharon, I assume that you use frozen TB pollen on your tet arils?  Or do
you
have some rebloomers that bloom that early?
<

I've tried many different things, including frozen pollen:

Refrigerated pollen from fall flowers.

Potted TBs grown under lights over the winter to force early bloom.

A special bed snuggled up on the southeast side of an earthen embankment
and block wall, which  forced early bloom.

Importing rebloomers from Australia.  Until they get settled in, their
normal fall rebloom can occur in our early spring.

The "easy" way is to team up with someone further south who can ship TB
pollen during your aril bloom season.  Unfortunately, Lu Danielson is the
only one further south and that's not far enough to make a difference in
the season.

Sharon McAllister
73372.1745@compuserve.com

New hobbies? New curiosities? New enthusiasms?
http://www.ONElist.com
Sign up for a new e-mail list today!