Re: HYB:Pacific Overtures

From: "S&C Rust" <srust@fidnet.com>

Walter, you say that Pacific Overtures has four buds in the terminal.  Wow!
Do they all open correctly?  I have been worried that the seed pods that are
developing on ANDROMACHE, with two in the terminal, would be too much.  I
have been afraid they would crowd one another and might both fall off!  I
have it staked and caged and took off any upper leaves on the stalk (I've
been told to take the leaves off a stalk with developing seed pods or the
whole thing could rot; which did indeed happen once last year).  But, the
aril has a lot of leaves at the base and I was afraid to remove them all.
What do you think?  Walter?  Sharon?  Anyone else?  Can two seed pods in the
terminal develop properly?  They are both from the same cross; Andromache x
the MDB, Flea Circus.

Cindy Rust, Missouri

Did you know that we add over 1,000 new e-mail communities every day?
Explore a new hobby, discover a new friend, laugh at a new joke!