Re Med:MDB bloom OT-BIO

What a great idea count me in, zone 4.  I'm out of lurking I'm Carol Fisher president Mio Irisarians.  Loved iris all my life.  Found Cooley's in 92 bought 100 iris 1st year.  Was Moving up here 5 years ago saw a sign for the Mio Irisarians 50th Iris Show.  After unloading my 6th car load (an I do mean car load of iris) on my way back down,to pick up more iris, stopped at the show.  Joined the Mio Irisarian learned of the AIS joined next year.  I became president last year the first thing we did was become an AIS affiliate something the former president Wilbert Emig had tried to do since I joined.  Last year was my first year for median bloom which was sparse looks great this year.  Growing anything in this sterile sandy soil, temperatures that dipped to -38 summer triple digits are not unheard of. Seldom have an iris borer and drainage is no problem, little increase and smaller than normal iris are.  Weeds weren't till I brought in manure now they are happy.  Had 3 freezes last year that turned most of my iris to mush the week of our show.  Have 2 schoolroom doing projects. check www.jjeweb.net/iris about our show photos from last yr. and do I have some ideas for next year.          Carol