Re: Re OT-BIO: Carol Fisher

From: "Mark, Maureen" <MARKM@tc.gc.ca>

Hi Carol,

I'm glad that you made it onto the list.  Reticulatas are just finishing
here.  The danfordiae must have given up the ghost -- I'll have to pick up
some more this fall.  Very little rot this year.  There are good increases
on just about everything but I haven't had time to get out the notebook and
document it all.  First round of Cygon was done last week.  And it looks
like DOTTED LINE made it through.  It had died back last summer a few weeks
after it got planted.

And my Joe Pye Weed order arrived!  Five fan divisions looking just
fabulous.  They got planted immediately into one of the vegetable beds along
with the seedlings.  I guess we won't be growing as many beans this year.

Maureen Mark
mailto:mmark@ottawa.com
Ottawa, Canada (zone 4) -- eleven days til I get on a plane to Oklahoma!

> What a great idea count me in, zone 4.  I'm out of lurking I'm Carol
> Fisher president Mio Irisarians.  Loved iris all my life.  Found Cooley's
> in 92 bought 100 iris 1st year.  Was Moving up here 5 years ago saw a sign
> for the Mio Irisarians 50th Iris Show.  After unloading my 6th car load
> (an I do mean car load of iris) on my way back down,to pick up more iris,
> stopped at the show.  Joined the Mio Irisarian learned of the AIS joined
> next year.  I became president last year the first thing we did was become
> an AIS affiliate something the former president Wilbert Emig had tried to
> do since I joined.  Last year was my first year for median bloom which was
> sparse looks great this year.  Growing anything in this sterile sandy
> soil, temperatures that dipped to -38 summer triple digits are not unheard
> of. Seldom have an iris borer and drainage is no problem, little increase
> and smaller than normal iris are.  Weeds weren't till I brought in manure
> now they are happy.  Had 3 freezes last year that turned most of my iris
> to mush the week of our show.  Have 2 schoolroom doing projects. check
> www.jjeweb.net/iris about our show photos from last yr. and do I have some
> ideas for next year.          Carol

Looking to expand your world?
http://www.ONElist.com
ONElist has over 115,000 e-mail communities from which to chose!