From: "Carryl M. Meyer" <carrylm@bigsky.net>

The idea of all growing the same couple of varieties of each class is
good--that way we will know what survives in all parts of the country--
Our club--at the club garden, several years ago, had 'Hybridizer
Beds'--each contained several Iris--from SDB to TB--which different
hybridizers sent--some as numbered, some older ones--they chose which to
they were grown for several years, records kept, and results sent to the
hybridizers--we sure found out what would survive here!!!
Our garden is listed for MDB Garden, Historics, Medians,  Rebloomers and
possibly  some others, so results are kept and reported each year to the
different sections--
so---if this gets going, I will volunteer the club garden--as well as my
own--for Zone 3/4--dry area!!!
Keep up the bloom reports--after everyone, anywhere is through blooming, I
shall then be able to post ours!!!
Carryl in western Montana--snow yesterday, heavy frosts at night--
MDB are now about 2 1/2 " tall and a few TB look like they might want to
start growing--sure am looking forward to OKC so I can see blooms!!!!

Looking to expand your world?
ONElist has over 115,000 e-mail communities from which to chose!