OT:Floral Design

From: "Marylou G. Gibson" <mggibson@UCSD.Edu>

Greetings.  I have been lurking for over a year without posting.  Here in
very southern coastal California, my battle towards figuring out how to
grow tall bearded irises has nearly been won.  By purchasing iris from
others in the club here,  I have zoned in on those iris which work in this
climate.  Playing with soil consistency and watering a lot in the winter
has also been productive.  The San Diego/ Imperial Valley show is next
weekend in Balboa Park and I have great expectations of having enough bloom
to enter an arrangement in the "Artistic Division".

If any of you have any tips on arranging irises and other material, they
would be greatly appreciated.  Questions like  what kind of container to
use, what companion material works well and anything you can pitch in would
be great.  I have never entered anything in a show and have never even been
to an iris show.

Current blooms include: TITANS'S GLORY, LADY FRIEND, BATIK, ART SHOW,
CINDERELLA'S COACH, MYSTIQUE (quite small flower), St. PETERSBURG,  WELL
ENDOWED, GENE MACHINE.   All arilbreds (4) that I have have already passed
bloom.

Marylou Gibson
Carlsbad CA
Zone 9+, humid

Share the wealth!
http://www.ONElist.com
Tell a friend about ONElist's 130,000 free e-mail communities!